Starting April 2, 2020, ETS is providing at-home online testing of TOEFL. This test will be known as TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition. It will be similar in terms of content, structure and on-screen experience to the regular internet-based TOEFL. The testing will be proctored remotely through a separate software, ProctorU, that students will need to install before starting the test.
You must meet the equipment requirements for installation of ETS Test Browser and ProctorU SystemsCheck before you register. Some of these are:
- Use a desktop or laptop, not a tab or phone for the test
- Use Windows OS versions 10, 8 or 7
- Mac and iOS are not allowed
- Headphones and earphones are not allowed
- Computer must have speaker and microphone that allows you to communicate with your proctor
- Sit in a room where you can be undisturbed for the length of the test
For applicants who have their tests scheduled during the current COVID-19 crisis, ETS has waived test rescheduling fees. If your test center got closed, you will be notified by email and your test will be rescheduled in your account. Check your account and your email regularly to confirm your testing status.
To reschedule from a test center appointment to a TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition test at no cost, contact TOEFL Services directly.
Need customized TOEFL guidance? Enroll for TOEFL live classes and be test ready in less than a month!
Leave a Reply