University of British Columbia has consistently ranked among the top three universities in Canada. Established in 1908, this public university is located in Point Grey almost 10 kms from downtown Vancouver. It also has a campus in Okanangan, next to Kelowna International Airport.
A part of Robert H Lee’s Graduate School, UBC’s B-school, formerly Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration, is known as Sauder School of Business. Sauder offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in business administration and allied fields.
IN THIS BLOG:
1. Is University of British Columbia good for MBA?
2. What courses are offered at UBC Sauder?
3. What is the acceptance rate of UBC MBA?
4. What are the application deadlines for UBC MBA?
5. What are the admission requirements at University of British Columbia?
6. Does University of British Columbia require GMAT?
7. What is the MBA fees at University of British Columbia?
8. Does UBC offer MBA scholarships?
9. What are some UBC MBA interview questions?
10. How are MBA placements at University of British Columbia?
Is University of British Columbia good for MBA?
UBC Sauder is one of the world’s leading MBA schools. Sauder MBA ranks 84th globally as per QS Masters Ranking 2022. Sauder is accredited by both AACSB and EQUIS. Its full time MBA has a duration of 16 months and aims to develop the spirit of leadership and innovation in its students.
UBC MBA offers life changing work and study opportunities inside class and through Global Immersion Experience (real-time international consulting internship). Students can gain business skills by following four specialised tracks (Technology and Analytics, Finance, Product and Service management, and Innovation and Entrepreneurship) or customize their own MBA plan.
What courses are offered at UBC Sauder?
UBC Sauder offers a host of undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, diploma, professional development and other non-degree programs. It also offers dual degree programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
UBC Sauder Program List
- Bachelor of Commerce
- MBA full time
- Professional MBA
- International MBA
- Master of Management
- Master of Business Analytics
- Bachelor + Master of Management Dual Degree
- UBC Sauder + HKU Dual Degree
- Master of Business Administration + Master of Business Analytics
- Master of Business Administration + Law Degree
- PhD in Business Administration
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Marketing and Sales Management
- Continuing Business Studies
- Executive Education
What is the acceptance rate of UBC MBA?
UBC Sauder is a B-school that is well recognized by its diverse MBA cohort. The acceptance rate at UBC Sauder is 6% meaning that the B-school is quite competitive as compared to other Canadian universities.
Have you taken the GMAT/GRE before?
What are the application deadlines for UBC MBA?
MBA program at UBC Sauder will start in August 2022. Its application deadlines are as follows:
- Round 1 – October 5, 2021
- Round 2 – January 6, 2022
- Round 3 – April 5, 2022
Official documents deadline is June 30, 2022.
What are the admission requirements at University of British Columbia?
Applications to UBC Sauder are reviewed holistically. Your academic GPAs, GMAT score, English proficiency test scores, work experience and application essays all play an important role in making your candidature stand out to the admissions committee.
Eligibility criteria for UBC MBA:
– 4-year Bachelor’s degree with B+ average
– Valid GMAT or GRE score
– Valid IELTS score (7 or above) or TOEFL score (100 or above)
– 3 to 5 years of work experience
– Maturity, motivation and fit assessment through resume and interview
Does University of British Columbia require GMAT?
Yes, a valid GMAT score above 650 or a valid GRE score above 320 will make your profile stand out among other applicants.
GMAT fee waiver for UBC MBA:
GMAT has been waived for Round 2 (January 6, 2022) applicants if they meet one or more of the following requirements:
- A master’s degree with minimum academic average of B+ combined with a STEM bachelor’s
- A UBS STEM bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- A PhD degree
GMAT waivers are made on a case-by-case basis. Students will have to write a one-page statement of qualification and explain how they are eligible or why they deserve a GMAT waiver.
What is the MBA fees at University of British Columbia?
UBC MBA fees is moderate in comparison to other top MBA colleges of the world. With a total MBA program fees of CAD$ 90,057, UBC MBA offers good value for money.
Have you taken the GMAT/GRE before?
Does UBC offer MBA scholarships?
Yes, UBC Sauder offers merit-based MBA scholarships to up to 45% of its MBA class. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of work experience, academic achievement, business aptitude and application essays. Some MBA scholarships for Indian students to look out for are:
|Asia Top Talent Scholarship||$10,000 – $40,000||October 5, 2021|
|IBPOC Scholarship||$10,000 – $40,000||April 5, 2022|
|Women in Business Leadership Scholarship (only for women applicants)||$10,000 – $40,000||October 5, 2021|
|Responsible Business & Community Spirit (only for women applicants)||$10,000 – $40,000||October 5, 2021|
|Hoegg Family MBA Scholarship (preference to women applicants)||$25,000||April 5, 2022|
|Hari Varshney MBA Entrance Scholarship||Up to half of tuition fees||October 5, 2021|
|Madhu Varshney MBA Entrance Scholarship||Up to half of tuition fees||October 5, 2021|
|International Talent Scholarship||$10,000 – $30,000||April 5, 2022|
Every student is automatically considered for scholarship. There is no need to apply separately, but students are encouraged to apply early if they are looking for scholarships.
What are some UBC MBA interview questions?
At Jamboree, we prepare our students to ace Sauder MBA interview with ease. Our admission experts have compiled a list of frequently asked interview questions for you. Take a look:
- Why UBC MBA at this point in your career?
- What do you plan to do with your MBA (long term and short term goals)?
- What is your greatest achievement as a professional?
- What is unique thing about you that you will bring to table?
- What would you like to improve about yourself?
- What other schools did you apply to? Which one you will choose if accepted by all?
- Describe a conflict situation in your team? How did you handle it?
- Situational interview questions and more
UBC interviewer will expect you to be confident and at your ease while answering questions. It would do well to really explore the UBC website and know the courses that you will be applying to. Showing familiarity with events, insights and faculty will make you come across as an informed as well as interested applicant which will increase your chances of acceptance.
Have you taken the GMAT before?
How are MBA placements at University of British Columbia?
MBA employability statistics at UBC gives us a deep insight into MBA placements. For MBA class of 2019 and 2020, 79% of UBC Sauder graduates found employment within three months after graduating. Average salary of UBC MBA grads of 2020 was $89,681. Graduates were employed by top notch companies like Amazon, Best Buy, Deloitte, Nestle, Royal Bank of Canada, TD, Telus, Zafin, etc.
Interested in pursuing MBA at University of British Columbia? Know all about application timelines, chances of admission and more at UBC Sauder in a free online profile evaluation session with our expert counselors. Also, get a personalized admissions roadmap and GMAT study plan for free!
Leave a Reply