The USA is one of the most popular study abroad destinations for international students and offers cutting research, world-class technology, and innovation. Students choose the US universities not only for undergraduate and professional courses, but the country offers some of the world’s best MS programs, like STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Management) and many more.
With 70% of US universities being world-renowned and ranked among the top 50 universities in the world, the USA offers a lucrative study option to international students.
IN THIS BLOG:
1. Why Choose US Universities for Your MS Degree?
2. Top Universities in the USA to Pursue an MS Degree
3. Popular MS Programs in the USA:
4. Admission Requirements for the Best Universities in the USA for MS Degree
Why Choose US Universities for Your MS Degree?
Pursuing your MS in the USA has umpteen benefits. Some of them include:
- There are more than 2 million courses from which students can choose.
- You can choose STEM courses, which gives students 17-month work visa extension post-MS
- Pursuing MS in the USA gives you better research and funding opportunities
- Merit-based scholarships are available to the deserving candidates
- In the US, there is a scope of applying for Teaching Assistantship (TA) or Research Assistantship (RA) post-MS
- The US universities offer better scope for pursuing research-based MS, as the course curriculums are divided into pre-requisites, core areas, and electives for any MS course
Have you taken the GRE before?
Top Universities in the USA to Pursue an MS Degree
If you are planning to apply to the USA for MS, here is the list of top universities that should be on your radar. These universities are the best in the world and have ranked for best MS courses globally and consistently.
1. Harvard University:
One of the oldest educational institutions in the world, Harvard University offers a wide range of MS courses to choose from. The Harvard University schools offer courses in the fields like business, public health, medical, law, dental, continuing education, professional schools, government, design, divinity, engineering, arts, science, and more. The university also provides undergraduate, continuing programs and doctorates.
2. Stanford University:
Established in the year 1885, the university is a private research university located in California. The university offers a wide range of master’s courses in business, education, engineering, law, energy and environmental science, humanities, medicine, and continuing education.
The acceptance ratio at Stanford university is really low – around 4%. Thus, if you want to be a part of the university, you need to prove yourself to be the best among the best.
3. University of California:
Commonly known as UC Berkeley, it is a public research university. It has 14 schools and colleges that offer more than 350 programs. The university is a mecca for postgraduate students. It offers courses in 184 academic departments – chemistry, education, engineering, business, journalism, law, public health, social welfare, etc.
The acceptance rate of the University of California is 15%.
4. Yale University:
Yale University is one of the private Ivy League research universities. It is one of the best law schools in the world. Along with postgraduate degrees, Yale university is also known for its undergraduate and professional courses. The alumni of Yale University have received 65 Nobel Laureates and 5 field medals.
The acceptance rate of Yale university is 6%.
5. Princeton University:
Princeton University was established in 1746 and is an Ivy League private research university. It is the fourth-oldest institution in the USA. The university offers MS degrees in a wide range of fields like humanities, science and technology, engineering, social sciences, and more. The university’s alumni are spread across the world, with two US presidents and 12 US Supreme Court justices among the notable alumni.
Popular MS Programs in the USA:
The USA is one country that has developed an exceptional education system and offers courses & programs in almost all the fields. Yet some of the most popular MS programs that the country offers include:
- MS in finance
- MS in data science
- MS in computer science
- MS in marketing
- MS in business analytics
Admission Requirements for the Best Universities in the USA for MS Degree
- 3 to 4 years bachelor’s degree in the relevant field
- 3.5 or higher GPA, equivalent to 87% in bachelors
- GRE score of 330 or above
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Research Internships
- Projects that enhance the applicant’s understanding of the methodology, the reason for the project, and the ultimate goals through research are all incumbents to express knowledge while applying for MS admissions.
- Research Papers published in a good conference add greater value in selection.
- Social & Leadership Activities
We hope that this blog answers all your questions related to an MS degree in the USA and the best universities where you can apply for an MS degree. Yet, if you have any questions or doubts, feel free to contact us. Our counsellors will be more than happy to help you!
Leave a Reply