For students from all around the world, Canada has become one of the most popular Study Abroad destinations. Currently, over 6 lakh international students from more than 200 countries study undergraduate and graduate courses in a variety of fields in Canada. The quality of education of Canada and affordability are the main reasons for its popularity. Canada’s degree programmes are internationally renowned for their brilliance. International students are drawn to Canada because of its ethnically varied and multicultural student community as well as its high living standards.
IN THIS BLOG:
Why Study in Canada for a One-Year Master’s Degree?
There are approximately 6 lakh international students in Canada, who come from over 200 different countries. The quality of education and cost are two of the key reasons why international students choose Canada. Several of the world’s best universities are located in Canada, with undergraduate and graduate degree programmes available. International students frequently choose a one-year master’s programme in Canada.
A few reasons why international students choose to study for a one-year master’s degree in Canada are listed below:
- A one-year master’s degree in Canada is significantly less expensive. Thus, International students receive a high-quality education at a reasonable cost.
- For overseas students, Canada offers good employment circumstances and a learning environment.
- Some of the top colleges in the world are located in Canada, and they offer degree programmes in media, politics, medicine, and technology.
- The immigration and visa process in Canada is simple and uncomplicated, and Canadians are warm and hospitable to students of all countries.
- For international students, a one-year master’s degree programme in Canada is a cost-effective choice. In Canada, students can save money on both their tuition and living expenses.
- The one-year master’s degree programme in Canada is research-based, with industry placements, internships, and co-op placements providing practical experience.
- International students can work part-time while studying in Canada thanks to the Canada student visa. Students may work up to 20 hours per week on or off campus.
- Students who have finished a one-year master’s degree in Canada may apply for a post-graduation work visa. This enables them to work in Canada for the same amount of time as their programme allows.
Admission Requirements for 1 year masters programs in Canada
International students who wish to enrol in one-year post-graduate programmes in Canada must meet additional entrance requirements. Most 1 year master’s degrees in Canada are open to students with a satisfactory academic record and a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline. Other admission requirements for international students wishing to study in Canada for a year after graduation are listed below:
- At the bachelor’s level of education, international students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0/ 4.0 or equivalent.
- Depending on the topic of study, students may be required to take a Postgraduate Entrance Exam. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Registration Review (GRE) are two assessments that are necessary for admission.
- In addition, international students should submit their TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, and other English language competence exam results.
- For admission to one-year master’s programmes in Canada, students must submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP) as well as letters of recommendation (LOR).
- Bilingual students must pass equivalent assessments to demonstrate their French ability.
Have you taken the GRE before?
Best 1 Year Masters Programs in Canada for International Students
In Canada, one-year master’s programmes are available in a variety of subjects, including finance, computer science, marketing, and law. Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Fine Arts, Master of Engineering, Master of Business Administration, and other one-year master’s degrees are available in Canada. For international students, 1-year masters programmes in Canada are offered with equal emphasis on traditional study and hands-on experience in order for students to master the needed skills in a short amount of time. For international students in Canada, there are numerous co-op education courses ranging from the general one-year master’s programme to the general one-year master’s programme. Students enrolled in these one-year master’s programmes in Canada are assigned to unique and specialised projects in order to get the essential experience to be successful in the corporate world.
The following are some of the most popular one-year master’s programmes in Canada for overseas students:
- Master of Management in Finance (MMF)
- MSc in Financial Analytics
- MBA in Global Banking and Finance
- Master of Global Management
- Master of International Business
- Master of Digital Media
- Master of Engineering in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Master of Science in Hospitality Management
- Master in Administracion de Justicia
- MA in Sociology
In Canada, there are a number of top universities that offer one-year master’s degrees.
Some of the world’s greatest universities are located in Canada, and international students from all over the world can enrol in one-year post-graduate courses in Canada. These Canadian colleges provide internationally recognized degree programmes that give students with work prospects all over the world. Some of the greatest universities in Canada that offer one-year master’s degrees to overseas students are included below:
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Montreal
- University of Alberta
- McMaster University
- University of Waterloo
- Trinity Western University
- University of Calgary
- University of Ottawa
International students study master’s degrees in Canada in order to improve their work prospects and stay in the country after graduation. International students, on the other hand, prefer to pursue one-year master’s degrees in Canada in subjects such as business, marketing, architecture, engineering, dentistry, medicine, law, and so on due to time and budgetary restrictions. Canada is ranked third in the world for international master’s degree programmes. When compared to other English-speaking countries such as the United Kingdom and the United States, tuition fees in Canada are the lowest.
If you are also planning to pursue your masters in Canada, there are a lot of options, so to for everyone, at affordable prices. For more information, visit your nearest Jamboree centre or connect with our counsellors over a phone call.