In recent years, Russia has emerged as a popular study destination for MBBS aspirants. Indian students who are interested in pursuing Medical are choosing the top medical colleges in Russia.
This blog includes:
1. Why MBBS in Russia?
2. MBBS Degree in Russia Highlights
3. MBBS in Russia for Indian Students
4. Eligibility Criteria for Studying MBBS in Russia
5. Documents Required for Admission in MBBS in Russia
6. Top Medical Colleges in Russia
Why MBBS in Russia?
Russia occupies the 30th position among the top 100 medical universities in the world, ranked by the World Health Organization (WHO). More than 57 medical universities in Russia offer MBBS programs to international students. Furthermore, with the student-teacher ratio of 1:7, the education quality is unmatched.
It was once believed that students pursuing education in Russia face a language barrier, but not anymore. With more than 12 medical universities accepting English as the medium to study, Russia is a prominent MBBS destination for students from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and many more countries.
MBBS Degree in Russia Highlights:
Some of the highlights of MBBS in Russia are:
Bachelor Of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|Course Duration||6 years|
|Eligibility criteria||Minimum 50% in 12th with BiPC subjects|
|English Language Proficiency test Required||No|
|Intakes||September & January|
|Recognition of Medical Universities||MCI & WHO|
MBBS in Russia for Indian Students:
Indian students are particularly interested in choosing Russia as their medical study destination because of the following reasons:
- Affordable education
- No donation fee required
- Easy to clear entrance criteria
- Many programs and specializations
- Get a globally recognized medical degree
- A chance to get dual diplomas
- MCI & WHO approved universities
- English as a medium of teaching
Eligibility Criteria for Studying MBBS in Russia:
One of the main reasons that Russia is a sought-after destination for Indian MBBS aspirants is its eligibility criteria. Following are the criteria for admission to the medical university in Russia:
Age: You should be at the age of 17 on or before 31st December during the year of admission. The maximum age to apply is 25 years.
Exam: MCI has taken a decision in accordance with the Delhi High Court, and declared that the Indian students who won’t appear in the NEET exam, and aspire to pursue their MBBS in Russia will have to get an Eligibility Certificate issued by MCI at the time of admission
Academics: Aspirants must have more than 50% marks in the 12th class with subjects – Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
English Language Proficiency Test: Unlike countries like the USA, Canada, Australia, and more, Russia doesn’t require IELTS and TOEFL score from the students pursuing MBBS in the country.
Documents Required for Admission in MBBS in Russia:
Once you have checked the eligibility criteria, now comes the documentation required for admission to your favorite medical university. Below mentioned are the documents that you would require to get admission to a Russian medical college:
- Valid Passport
- Class 10th and 12th certificate
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Documents of your HIV test
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs (New Delhi
- Proof of legalization of all your documents from the Russian Embassy
- Receipt of payment of the fees of visa
- Receipt of University 1st year tuition fees
Top Medical Colleges in Russia:
Some of the medical colleges in Russia with English as the medium of teaching where the Indian students apply are:
- Ryazan State Medical University
- Petersburg Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Tver State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- Peoples Friendship University
We hope this blog resolves all your queries required related to MBBS in Russia. Still, you have any dilemma or question, our counsellors at Jamboree will readily help you. Visit your nearest Jamboree’s center or talk to a consultant over the phone to know about MBBS in Russia or any other country of your choice.