Common app gives you access to 900 colleges located in US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and many other countries. It helps you apply seamlessly to 20 colleges with just one application.
Applying to your desired colleges through the common app is an elaborate 7-step process. It involves:
- Gathering application materials – high school transcripts, extracurricular activity list, SAT test scores, parents’ information, academic achievements, etc.
- Creating your account – basic registration information like name, email, contact number, address, date of birth and some more details.
- Adding colleges as per your target score, profile and preference.
- Engaging your teachers, counsellors, advisors and others for letters of recommendation.
- Understanding and fulfilling college-specific requirements.
- Planning, organizing and drafting common app personal essay, college specific questions and writing supplements.
- Reviewing your application, paying application fee (if required) and submitting your application.
In addition to the above, students need to keep an eye on different type of deadlines which vary for each college. Make sure to check your Dashboard for deadlines and submit your application based on your local time and not the university time zone.
Need help with the Common app? Our expert counsellors are always at your service. Get in touch with us now.