Have you ever wondered about giving those magical wings to your career? It is quite true that a sustainable professional life takes a lot of hard work and some financial hardships. There are some countries in the European Union that let you study there by paying virtually no tuition fees and only nominal living expenses. You are surprised, right! Not only this, but some of the universities allow you to study without IELTS or TOEFL scores.
Germany is a fantastic place to be to avail all such waivers and budget-friendly study options. Studying in Germany offers you a plethora of things apart from better and sustainable lifestyle. This western European nation with its rich WWII history, great nightlife, along some stunningly scenic avenues make this nation the best place to make some years of your life worth remembering.
IN THIS BLOG:
1. Why Study in Germany?
2. Am I eligible to study in Germany without IELTS?
3. Essential documents required to study in Germany without IELTS
4. How to get a German Student Visa without IELTS?
5. Steps to follow to get a German Student Visa
6. Universities & colleges to apply in Germany without IELTS
7. The Concept of ‘Earn While You Learn’
Why Study in Germany?
The answer to this ‘Why’ should be ‘Why not’! By choosing Germany as your study destination, you’ll get:
- Top-ranked and world-renowned universities
- A plethora of study courses which do not require knowledge of German
- Zero or minimal tuition fees
- High education standards
- Globally recognized and respected degree
- Great infrastructure, labs, libraries, etc.
- Earn while you learn options
- Multicultural experience
- Networking opportunities
You can also read 8 Reasons to choose Germany for your college studies for a better understanding. So now let’s try and cover every aspect while you make up your mind to choose Germany for pursuing your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
Am I eligible to study in Germany without IELTS?
The simple answer to this question is a big ‘YES’. The only thing is that you have to provide proof or certificate, which is known as ‘Language/Medium of Instruction Certificate (MOI)’ to prove your English proficiency that you’ve completed your undergrad studies with English as the language of instruction. That’s it. After this, you’re good to go!
Essential documents required to study in Germany without IELTS
- The first and foremost thing is the above mentioned Language/Medium of Instruction Certificate (MOI).
- If you hold a Bachelor’s degree in which English is the language of instruction, you don’t require your IELTS score for admission.
- If you’ve done courses such as BA in English Literature or any other similar course in the ambit of English language, you can apply for any study programs offered by some German universities without submitting your English proficiency scores.
- Also, check with your selected universities for the process, as some universities sometimes conduct an online interview to check your language proficiency.
How to get a German Student Visa without IELTS?
Though an IELTS score is required to qualify for some international visa programs, if you have sent your MOI certificate along with the degree confirmation mail to the respective university, then you can proceed with the visa process without the IELTS score.
Steps to follow to get a German Student Visa
- Search for the nearest German Embassy or a German Consulate
- Get a quick overview of the criteria and the processes
- Get an appointment date for your Student Visa
- Get ready with all the required documentation and your passport
- Prepare yourself for the visa appointment
If you’re not offered a scholarship or any other financial aid, you’ve to mention sources of some significant assets, including reserving the excess cash in the blocked German bank account and many more.
Universities & colleges to apply in Germany without IELTS
Here is the list of some renowned and top-level German universities and colleges that offer admission to their diverse pool of study programs without IELTS scores.
- TH Köln
- Hochschule Stralsund
- Mittweida University
- University of Siegen
- University of Giessen
- Free University of Berlin
- University of Kiel
- University of Kassel
- University of Passau
- University of Hildesheim
- Ruhr University Bochum
- University of Freiburg
- University of Siegen
- University of Bayreuth
- University of Bonn
- University of Koblenz Landau
- University of Kaiserslautern
- Chemnitz University of Technology
- University of Koblenz and Landau
- Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- The University of Applied Sciences, Ingolstadt
- Flensburg University of Applied Sciences
- Anhalt University of Applied Sciences
- Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- Braunschweig University of Technology
- Technische Hochschule Deggendorf
For IELTS scores and other eligibility requirements, look up the website of the university that you are interested in. You can also Explore TU9 universities in Germany. Connect with our study consultants for Germany who are always ready to help with your queries.
The Concept of ‘Earn While You Learn’
German universities and colleges allow international students to work for 20 hours/week during the term. International students can pick up any part-time job such as tutors, support staff & waiters at the cafes, bars, etc., research assistants, and many more. Such passive income helps not only meet your living expenses, but also enables you build and develop a network that stands you in good stead when you are looking for jobs in Germany after study.
If you want to study in countries like Germany, UK and Canada without GRE, GMAT, IELTS or TOEFL scores, our expert study abroad consultants and country specialists can help. We offer university shortlisting as per your profile, SOP writing, LOR reviewing, visa help and much more. We can also help with study abroad loans, student accommodation and many other services. Connect with us for a 15-minute free interaction session where we will resolve all your queries about studying in Germany.