While an MBA degree from a renowned university can significantly boost your career prospects and help you strengthen your footing in the contemporary career landscape, it is still a distant dream for many since managing the expenses associated with it are not feasible for everyone. Tuition fees, high cost of living, health expenses, transportation are a few financial burdens which a student has to be prepared to shoulder while pursuing an MBA abroad.
Fortunately, there are several MBA scholarship opportunities available for Indian students that help in funding your MBA degree.
IN THIS BLOG:
Types of scholarships available for MBA aspirants
- Merit-Based Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded based on the academic record of the applicants. Students with excellent standardized test scores, high undergraduate GPA or commendable professional achievement receive this funding. At times, the commitment of students towards community service is also taken into consideration while awarding this scholarship.
- Need-Based Scholarships: Such scholarship options are available to students who face a certain level of financial difficulties. Some of the top business schools of the world, including Stanford and Harvard, provide need-based fellowships and scholarships. Several scholarships offered by Harvard Business School are determined based on the income of the applicant/sponsor in the last three years.
- Diversity and Gender-based Scholarships: These funding opportunities are focused on promoting diversity in MBA programs. Such scholarships aid in increasing diversity and promoting the interest of underrepresented communities.
- External Scholarships: Several corporate houses in the world also offer MBA funding opportunities to deserving students. Along with the needed funding, many companies also provide access to networking, recruiting resources, and special programming resources to their students.
Have you taken the GMAT before?
Top scholarships for MBA aspirants
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Harvard University-Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship||
● Applicants must have an offer of admission to the MBA program at Harvard University
● A valid GMAT score
● A strong academic background
|2.||IUBH Online MBA Scholarships||● Applicants should fulfil eligibility criteria for the MBA program at the International University of Applied Sciences (IUBH), Germany|
|3.||UWE Bristol MBA scholarship||
● Applicants should have an admission offer at UWE Bristol for the MBA program
● A bachelor’s degree
● Good proficiency in English
● No previous track record of studying in the United Kingdom
● No other scholarship offered
|4.||Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship||
● Applicants must pursue an MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business
● Possess qualities like leadership potential and Intellectual vitality
|5.||ALBA Graduate Business School Scholarships, Greece||● Meant for Indian citizens planning to pursue MBA from ALBA Graduate Business School in Greece|
|6.||Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship, UK||● Applicants should be already studying or planning to apply for the 1+1 MBA program at Oxford University.|
|7.||Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme, UK||● Meant for students applying for an MBA program at the Said Business School, University of Oxford.|
|8.||The Skoll Scholarship||
● Applicants should have a commendable record in the domain of social entrepreneurship.
● They should have spent at least three years in a social venture or brought in some positive change as an entrepreneur.
● Must demonstrate the need for financial aid
|9.||MIB Trieste School of Management MBA Scholarships, Italy||● Meant for people planning to pursue an MBA program at MIB Trieste School of Management.|
|10.||INSEAD Eric Sasson MBA’90D Scholarship||
● Meant for people planning to pursue MBA from INSEAD Business School in France
● They must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
● They should possess a commendable academic record and proper professional experience.
● Must demonstrate the need for financial aid.
|11.||Global MBA Scholarships for Women-University of London||
● Meant for people planning to pursue an MBA at the University of London.
● They must have a graduation degree that is similar to UK 2nd class graduate degree
● Must have 3 years of work experience obtained in the last 5 years
● Should qualify IELTS with a score of 6.5 or above, or TOEFL with minimum 92 marks or more
Undoubtedly, an MBA degree from a good business school abroad makes your profile stand out in the job market. And, with a good MBA scholarship, you can ease the financial burden you shall have to bear while pursuing this program.
If you want to pursue an MBA abroad with scholarship from US, UK, Canada or Europe, MBA counselors at Jamboree can help you with selecting the right B- school and MBA specialization, evaluating your profile, writing your application essays, prepping you up for interviews and lots more. Connect with us now for a free 15 minute session and get your personalized MBA admission roadmap!Undoubtedly, an MBA degree from a good business school abroad makes your profile stand out in the job market. And, with a good MBA scholarship, you can ease the financial burden you shall have to bear while pursuing this program.