When it comes to pursuing higher education, an MBA from a reputed institution can be a game-changer for your career. For many, GMAT prep is the first step towards this rewarding degree. But, which colleges in India accept GMAT scores? In this blog, we’ll guide you through the top 10 GMAT accepting colleges for an MBA in India, helping you make an informed choice for your MBA in India.
In this blog:
- Can GMAT be used to get admission into Indian B-schools?
- Top GMAT-accepting colleges in India for an MBA in India
- GMAT Exam Preparation for MBA in India
Can GMAT be used to get admission into Indian B-schools?
Yes, Indian B-schools recognise GMAT as a valid and reliable indicator of a student’s readiness for rigorous academic challenges and leadership roles in the field of business and management. Some of the most renowned business schools consider GMAT scores as part of their admission criteria. You should start by checking the specific program, admission requirements and the minimum GMAT score expectations for the institution you’re interested in.
Top GMAT-Accepting Colleges in India for an MBA in India
1. Indian School of Business (ISB)
Located in Hyderabad and Mohali, ISB is renowned for its GMAT-friendly approach. Admissions to ISB’s flagship program, the Post Graduate Program in Management (PGP), is highly sought after by candidates with GMAT scores.
Watch Shalin Bhansali talk about his journey to ISB with a GMAT 770
2. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta
IIM Calcutta is a highly respected institution that offers multiple management programs, including the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and the Post Graduate Program for Executives (PGPEX). The institution considers GMAT scores for its PGPEX program, making it a popular choice for executives seeking to enhance their management careers.
3. SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
SP Jain Institute of Management and Research is known for its diverse programs, including the Global MBA, which attracts students from all over the world. GMAT scores are accepted for admission, and the institution’s global perspective makes it a unique choice.
5. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
IIM Ahmedabad, one of the most prestigious B-schools in India, accepts GMAT scores for its Post Graduate Program for Executives (PGPX). This program is designed for experienced professionals who wish to accelerate their career growth.
6. Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur
XLRI is known for its rigorous academic standards and ethical values. The institution considers GMAT scores for its full-time residential programs such as the Global MBA and the General Management Program.
7. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi
IIFT offers specialised courses in international business and trade. GMAT scores are accepted for admission to its Executive Master’s in International Business (EMIB) program, making it a popular choice for those interested in global business.
8. Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune
SIBM Pune is a part of the Symbiosis International University and offers a variety of management programs. GMAT scores are accepted for their Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program.
9. Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
Great Lakes Institute of Management offers a unique curriculum that emphasises experiential learning and entrepreneurship. GMAT scores are accepted for admission to its one-year Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM).
10. NMIMS School of Business Management, Mumbai
NMIMS School of Business Management is a well-known institution that offers various management programs, including the Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM). GMAT scores are considered for admission, attracting a diverse group of students.
GMAT Exam Preparation for MBA in India
For a fruitful GMAT exam preparation, consider investing time in GMAT coaching. You can opt for GMAT online or classroom coaching or even sign up for private training. With a clear understanding of the varying requirements of different business schools, you can tailor your GMAT preparation strategy to meet those needs efficiently.
You can utilise free GMAT prep resources, including official guides and practice tests along with:
- Diagnostic Test: Start your GMAT preparation journey with a diagnostic test. This will help you assess your baseline skills and identify areas that need improvement. Use the results to design a personalised study plan.
- Focused Study Materials: Invest in quality GMAT study material and prep books. Utilise official GMAT guides and online resources to get a comprehensive understanding of the test format and content.
- Practice Regularly: Consistent practice is crucial for success on the GMAT. Allocate time each day for practice questions, mock tests, and timed exercises. Simulating real testing conditions will help build your stamina and time-management skills.
- Track Progress: Keep a record of your practice test scores and monitor your progress over time. This will help you identify trends, strengths, and areas that need extra attention.
- Review and Learn: After attempting practice questions, thoroughly review both correct and incorrect answers. Understand the reasoning behind the correct answers and learn from your mistakes.
- Seek Expert Guidance: Consider enrolling in a GMAT prep course or working with a tutor. These resources can provide valuable insights, strategies, and personalised guidance based on your strengths and weaknesses.
- Time Management: Efficient time management is not only essential during the test but also during your preparation. Balance your GMAT study plan with other application components, such as essays and recommendation letters.
Also read: Shorter GRE vs GMAT Focus
Now that we’ve covered the top 10 GMAT accepting colleges in India, it’s important to understand the application process, preparation and requirements.
Criteria for GMAT Accepting Colleges in India
Each college may have different minimum GMAT score requirements. But top GMAT-accepting colleges mostly go for a score ranging from 690-740 or above. Research the specific colleges you’re interested in to know their GMAT score expectations. Ensure that you’ve met the prerequisites for the program you’re applying to, as some colleges may require prior work experience. Be prepared for interviews, group-discussions, essays, as they are also part of the admission criteria set by the colleges.
Know the right MBA program in India for you. Get in touch with our expert for a free counselling session.
Here is a list of GMAT score requirements of top 10 MBA colleges in India.
GMAT Accepting Colleges in India
|College Names||GMAT Score|
|Indian Institute Of Management, Calcutta||600-700|
|Indian Institute Of Management, Indore||700+|
|Indian Institute Of Management, Bengaluru||700+|
|Indian School Of Business, Hyderabad||710-740|
|Indian Institute Of Management, Ahmedabad||700|
|S.P.Jain Institute Of Management, Mumbai||690|
|Indian Institute Of Foreign Trade, Delhi||650|
|Institute Of Management Technology, Ghaziabad||700-720|
|Indian Institute Of Technology, Madras||650-700|
|K.J. Somaiya Institute Of Management And Studies And Research, Mumbai||550-600|
|Fore School Of Management, Delhi||600-650|
|Shailesh J Mehta School Of Management, Mumbai||694|
Make the most of your GMAT scores, put your best foot forward in the application process, and get ready for an enriching educational experience in one of these top GMAT accepting colleges in India.
If you’re considering pursuing an MBA in India, these top 10 GMAT accepting colleges should definitely be on your radar. Don’t forget to stay updated on their admission requirements, deadlines, and any changes in GMAT acceptance policies. Or you can call our expert and learn about them directly here!